Universe Geraless Hand operated Pulling
and Lifting Machines
Manufactured as per IS specification No. 5604 - 1985 /
European Federation of Mechanical Handling
The "Universe" gearless hand operated
pulling and lifting machines are used for rectilinear
pulling of steel wire ropes by the gripping and releasing actions of two
sets of jaws alternately. Each set consists of a pair of
smooth jaws of suitable length which grip the wire rope
firmly by closing top and bottom without causing damage to the rope. These jaws work on the self clamping
principle, that is they are locked by the pulling force
of the wire rope itself. The jaws are enclosed in a casing
and are connected by rods to forward ( or up ) and reverse ( or down) mechanism which is operated by a
WIRE ROPES :
Galvanised steel core wire ropes of6X19
construction up to 12mm diameter and 6X36 or 6X37
construction above 12mm diameter shall be used. A galvanised wire
rope with fibre steel mixed core may also be used if agreed to between the manufacturer and the purchaser.
1 . The load shall be moved by the
operation of a lever and the direction of movement
shall be determined by selecting one of the two seperate levers provided for
2. It shall be possible to change the direction of the
movement of the wire rope without releasing the load.
3.'Suitable release lever shall be provided to allow the
operator to move the slack wire rope quickly to' its required position when the hoist is not underload.
4. Back Slippage - When a load is being lifted, some
back slippage of the load is bound to occur. Permissible
back slippage of the load as a percentage of the total
lift in one stroke ( forward or backward ) shall be as
Lifting Capacity of Machine t: 0.8 1.0 1.62.03.25.0
Load Applied t: 0.8 1.0 1.6 2.0 3.2 5.0
Permissible' Backslip Percent 10 10 10 10 15 15
CARE AND SAFE USE :
1. Never lift the load in excess of the safe working load on the machine, as this has been tested at more than the SWL (ie 50% overload), but it has been done in carefully controlled .conditions. Use of the machine at any load greater than the safe working toad may result in damage.
2. Before use, examine the wire rope to ensure that the same is in good condition and is free of kinks, if in doubt, the diameter should be measured, it should be remembered that the wire rope is also a component of the machine.
3. Never lift from the point of the nook.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM THE PURCHASER
The enquiry and order should give the following details:
c) Safe working load (tons).
d) Length of wire rope to be used in process, that is maximum distance between the load and the machine.